Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sailing

This is Bike, Walk and Wheel Week! This is my 3rd year participating, and last year was part farce and part adventure. You haven't heard from me yet this week because, sadly, it has all gone swimmingly. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I rode my bike to and from work without incident. I enjoyed warm sun and cool breezes. Today I rode the bus (it's Ride the Bus Free Day as part of BWWW). Today I knew where to go and when to be there. Sigh. Where's the adventure in that?

I have a chance at some adventure tomorrow. Aaron is in kindergarten and wants to participate in BWWW. Modeling works, eh? Fortunately, his class will have a "walk to school" event in the morning. If I can get him to a downtown park before 8 am, Aaron will get to walk the rest of the way to school. What is pretty funny is I will be taking him to the school kids' breakfast I inadvertently horned in on last year! This year I will return as an invited guest.

My sailing through the week is evidence that with a little perseverance, anyone can become a regular user of alternative transportation.

1 comment:

LaurieJo said...

Congratulations, DVD! I'm glad it went well for you, but last year was immensely more entertaining.