Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Favorite Song of 2008

My favorite song this year wasn't released until September and never made it higher than 56 on Billboard's Top 100. For me, the steady then climbing guitars and vocals gave the song great energy and the melody hook is strong enough to match the eye-catching title. My favorite song of 2008 is "Sex On Fire" by Kings of Leon.



The Song I Heard Too Many Times

I don't think I can guess how many times this year I've heard "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis. My guess for Memorial Day alone is 6 times, but I lost count. Apparently it's not just here in the U.S. that the song has achieved overload. It was also number one in the airplay charts of the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Germany, France, Australia, New Zealand, Luxembourg, Latvia, Slovakia, Latin America, Estonia and Japan. For the 1 millionth time this year, you can listen here but I bet you a nickle you won't make it all the way through.



The Song I Can't Get Out of My Head

I'm as much a Kanye West fan as the next person. But one of his latest songs is burned into my brain. Kanye's synthesized voice is repeating over and over "So keep ya love locked down, ya love locked down. Keepin ya love locked down..."



While I'm here keeping my love locked down, what are some of your favorite songs from the year?

Wednesday: Artists of 2008.

4 comments:

LaurieJo said...

One of my favorites is The Killers "Human." Are we human? Or are we dancers? Dancers, definitely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SJo8Tdc-b8

Another song I found was this one. Just a little upbeat number that I stumbled onto on iTunes. Rehab's "Bartender Song"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRC77brGYWs

DVD said...

The Killers are always a favorite for me, and that song is good (the boys really like it too). It gets a tick down for me because this album seems to continue the curve downward for The Killers. Hot Fuss was a great album, Sam's Town a good album, and this one is okay.

Every time I hear the word "rehab" related to music I just think Amy Winehouse. Classic.

Unknown said...

I, also really like the KOL song.
I think my favorite song (that gets radio airtime) of 2008 is One day as a lion - Wild International.
Jeffrey would whole heartedly agree w/ me.
Jacob on the other hand would say Flowbots - No Handlebars. He still calls that "his song."

DVD said...

Flowbots "No Handlebars" is a great song! Thanks for sharing. The official video is good too.