Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yes, We Can.

It's been a long Monday. Obama wasn't the only one who lost a grandma today. Rest in Peace, Toot and Nellie.

As all across this country we head to the polls, pack into a box the sacred memories of a life, pick up kids from school, hug the ones we still can, watch the vote tally, regardless of the outcome of the vote, I feel these words:

We are not as divided as our politics suggests.
We are one people;
We are one nation;
And together, we will begin the next great chapter in America's story with three words that will ring from coast to coast;
From sea to shining sea -
Yes. We. Can.

This song is for all of us. I never get tired of it. As I am reminded today, again, of the frail shells that protect our priceless spirit; that even when it was long, life is short; I want to believe that we can...

4 comments:

Erick said...

Since the election is now over, I'd like to know if Interrobang will be continuing?

Unknown said...

Perhaps he is taking a sebatical to help the new administration put it's transition team together.
Sec of HUD?

Erick said...

Or perhaps Secretary of Transportation

DVD said...

A large step for mankind was taken this week, but the journey for equality goes on. So will Interrobang.

I've been (and will be) out of pocket this week. I do have one question though: is my random high-fiving this week of non-Caucasians offensive?