Monday, November 23, 2009

Movember Update



One week to go!

Growing a "mo" has been an uncomfortable experience, physically and socially. But just a few days ago I was reminded of the seriousness behind our silly fundraiser. A guy at my work was diagnosed with prostate cancer and is undergoing surgery. He's a runner, in great shape, and always has a very positive attitude. It's sobering.

I've helped raise $150.00 from people at my office. If you haven't given and have an opportunity, you can donate any amount, it's all helpful:
http://us.movember.com/mospace/253642

2 comments:

Erick said...

I too have faced the social stigma of the mo. Do people who normally have mo's face such stigma, or is the fact that mine is terrible? Anyway, the barista at Starbucks yesterday stifled a chuckle as she took my money. I tried to chalk it up to anything else, but in reality it was the Mo.

Thanks for the reminder of why we are taking part in this fundraiser.

JayEnEff said...

Wow. You look so bad I had to donate to make it worth it. I now can display the Movember Supporter pic for my FB identity.